Homeowners and employees may inhale to dangerous levels of silica dust when cutting, drilling, grinding, or otherwise disturbing materials that contain silica. These materials and tasks are common on construction jobs. Breathing that dust can lead to serious, often fatal illnesses. Know to understand the risk factors with silica.
There are ways contractors can reduce the dust and reduce the hazard. Selecting appropriate controls, and creating a job-specific plan to eliminate or reduce silica hazards is essential for any tile removal or wood floor removal.
Black Mold May Cause Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Miscarriage – Entrust is to an Expert
How To Get Rid Of Black Mold
Black mold is a nasty form of mold that can cause serious health problems. It can cause you to experience symptoms related to upper respiratory tract issues such as coughing and wheezing. It can even cause you to develop a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis if you are susceptible to this condition. In fact, there is evidence that links indoor mold exposure to respiratory illness in children that are otherwise healthy. Also, people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are at risk for developing fungal infections in their lungs.
Getting Rid Of A Nuisance Problem
If you catch the black mold early and before it becomes widespread, it's relatively easy to eliminate. If the mold is on a hard surface you can get rid of it with a thorough cleaning using a commercial product or by using a solution made with a cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water.
Unfortunately, if the black mold is on some porous material such as ceiling tiles, drywall or carpet you should actually throw the material away. Since you can actually have an allergic reaction to even dead mold, you need to make sure you properly clean and dry the area. If you don't clean and dry it completely and there is still moisture present, the black mold could come back.
Cleaning The Black Mold Yourself
If you choose to clean up the black mold yourself using bleach, here are some things you need to know.
1. Never mix the bleach with other household cleaners or ammonia. This can produce dangerous, toxic fumes.
2. Be sure to open doors and windows so that you have a good supply of fresh air.
3. Wear protective eyewear and non-porous gloves.
4. If the area you need to clean is more than 10 square feet, you should consult the Environmental Protection Agency's Guide to Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. This guide may be focused on commercial buildings and schools but applies to other building types as well, including your home.
If you are using bleach or some other commercial cleaning product, be sure to follow all the manufacturer's instructions for its use.
How To Do The Cleanup
Begin by lightly misting the area to be cleaned with water. Next, scrub the mold with warm soapy water or the bleach mixture described above. When you have cleaned off all the black mold, you will need to spray the area with a disinfectant in order to kill any remaining spores that may not be visible.
Here are some of the best disinfectants you can use.
· Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
· Hypochlorites (such as Clorox Bleach)
· Hydrogen Peroxide
When you have finished the cleaning and disinfecting, seal the room and allow it to dry completely.
Wear Protective Gear
Since black mold can be hazardous to your health, you should wear protective gear while doing that cleanup. For openers, wear a respirator. Second, wear goggles. This will prevent black mold spores from getting into and infecting the delicate structure of your eyes. Third, wear rubber gloves. Finally, be sure to wear clothing that covers your entire body and that can be easily cleaned after you finish removing the mold.
If The Mold Is Extensive
If you have an extensive amount of black mold in your house or basement, it would be best to call a professional mold removal company. However, if you only have small patchy areas, you can remove it as described above and be rid of this nasty stuff!
"Invasion of the Mold Spores" - Mold Removal Tips For the Property Owner
Household mold is considered an environmental annoyance that can cause irritation while breathing. It can make the health of asthma patients worse and can cause allergic problems to sensitive persons. The mold may affect children with several problems such as irritation, allergies, and infections.
Household mold comes in a wide variety of species and forms. It differs in colors, including charcoal, grey, and black. There is variation in toxicity for different species. Among the species, six are common in which three can produce toxins. These six common molds are Stachybotris, Aspergillus, Penicillium, Alternaria, Mucor, and Cladosporium. Stachybotris is a toxic mold that can produce more than 200 poisonous substances. These toxins are autoimmune and can affect the nervous system. Aspergillus is an opportunistic fungus that can cause pathological problems to human beings.
Household mold is found everywhere in day to day households. It can grow anywhere, on tiles, grout, food, fabric, plaster, and wood. The mold grows well at room temperature with humidity. Other necessary items for mold growth are adequate moisture and nutrients. These items are obtained from the surface where the mold grows. The mold can destroy the material on which it grows.
There are certain ways to identify and control the presence of household mold. First, check whether there is any sign of moisture or mold at home. A musty smell in a room is an indication of mold growth. If there is any sign of mold, then find the particular surface of the mold growth and clean the surface. Additionally, remove the sources of moisture and keep the moisture content in the rooms at a desired level. Water should not be allowed to stand in drip pans of refrigerators and air conditioners.
Secondly, check whether there is any leakage problem, water stains or water discoloration from taps, especially in the bathrooms and kitchens. If these problems are found, rectify them immediately to prevent the mold growth. Even if the mold is removed, but the water problem is not solved, then the mold will appear again on the same surface.
For More Information on Travertine Floor Removal
Allergies, Toxins, Dustless Concrete Removal, Dust Control, Granite Removal, Silicosis Cancer, Silicosis, Chronic Silicosis, Tile Removal, Wood Floor Removal, Travertine Floor Removal, Clean Air Floor Removal, Ceramic Tile Removal, Dust Free Concrete Removal, , Dustless Tile Removal, Asthma, Dust Free Tile Removal, Dustless Wood Floor Removal, Marble Floor Removal, Dust Free Wood Floor Removal, Concrete Removal, Saltillo Floor Removal