Homeowners and employees may inhale to dangerous levels of silica dust when cutting, drilling, grinding, or otherwise disturbing materials that contain silica. These materials and tasks are common on construction jobs. Breathing that dust can lead to serious, often fatal illnesses. Know to understand the risk factors with silica.
There are ways contractors can reduce the dust and reduce the hazard. Selecting appropriate controls, and creating a job-specific plan to eliminate or reduce silica hazards is essential for any tile removal or wood floor removal.
How to Get Rid of Mold - Common Causes and Cleaning Techniques – Entrust is to an Expert
How To Get Rid Of Black Mold
Black mold is a nasty form of mold that can cause serious health problems. It can cause you to experience symptoms related to upper respiratory tract issues such as coughing and wheezing. It can even cause you to develop a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis if you are susceptible to this condition. In fact, there is evidence that links indoor mold exposure to respiratory illness in children that are otherwise healthy. Also, people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are at risk for developing fungal infections in their lungs.
Getting Rid Of A Nuisance Problem
If you catch the black mold early and before it becomes widespread, it's relatively easy to eliminate. If the mold is on a hard surface you can get rid of it with a thorough cleaning using a commercial product or by using a solution made with a cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water.
Unfortunately, if the black mold is on some porous material such as ceiling tiles, drywall or carpet you should actually throw the material away. Since you can actually have an allergic reaction to even dead mold, you need to make sure you properly clean and dry the area. If you don't clean and dry it completely and there is still moisture present, the black mold could come back.
Cleaning The Black Mold Yourself
If you choose to clean up the black mold yourself using bleach, here are some things you need to know.
1. Never mix the bleach with other household cleaners or ammonia. This can produce dangerous, toxic fumes.
2. Be sure to open doors and windows so that you have a good supply of fresh air.
3. Wear protective eyewear and non-porous gloves.
4. If the area you need to clean is more than 10 square feet, you should consult the Environmental Protection Agency's Guide to Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. This guide may be focused on commercial buildings and schools but applies to other building types as well, including your home.
If you are using bleach or some other commercial cleaning product, be sure to follow all the manufacturer's instructions for its use.
How To Do The Cleanup
Begin by lightly misting the area to be cleaned with water. Next, scrub the mold with warm soapy water or the bleach mixture described above. When you have cleaned off all the black mold, you will need to spray the area with a disinfectant in order to kill any remaining spores that may not be visible.
Here are some of the best disinfectants you can use.
· Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
· Hypochlorites (such as Clorox Bleach)
· Hydrogen Peroxide
When you have finished the cleaning and disinfecting, seal the room and allow it to dry completely.
Wear Protective Gear
Since black mold can be hazardous to your health, you should wear protective gear while doing that cleanup. For openers, wear a respirator. Second, wear goggles. This will prevent black mold spores from getting into and infecting the delicate structure of your eyes. Third, wear rubber gloves. Finally, be sure to wear clothing that covers your entire body and that can be easily cleaned after you finish removing the mold.
If The Mold Is Extensive
If you have an extensive amount of black mold in your house or basement, it would be best to call a professional mold removal company. However, if you only have small patchy areas, you can remove it as described above and be rid of this nasty stuff!
There is a a lot of information that can be gathered about mold cleaning. Some of them are true and some are nothing but purely air-popped claims. The use of bleach for an effective mold remediation is one of those that causes confusion in today's quest for a mold-free indoor environment.
The dizziness that bleach creates resides on the argument whether the use of it can indeed kill molds or not. Because bleach had been around for like many many years now, a lot believes that yes, the use of it can make a mold removal process effective. But as been said, not everything should be always believed.
Basically, the most appropriate point that can be presented with regards to the use of bleach in mold cleaning is this: bleach can kill molds but not always. There are some mold infestation cases in which any cleaning move is nothing but a futile attempt. It can sometimes produce no result and even in cases that it does, it sure wouldn't be as good as what have been expected.
Instances to which bleach can sure serve well and effective are often on mold infestation on hard and non-porous surfaces such as tiles and concrete. To porous materials on the other hand, purchasing and applying of bleach can cause waste instead of being a help.
So why is it that bleach is not always as effective in mold cleaning as many claim it to be? The following can be of help for better understanding.
- Bleach is not specifically formulated for a complete mold removal. It is regarded as an all-around cleaner which conjures the idea that it always effectively kill molds. However, this is not entirely true as bleach is largely made up of water that encourages molds to grow. Therefore, bleach can sometimes kill molds but it can not prevent their regrowth.
- To entirely get rid of molds, their roots must be cut off. Unfortunately, bleach can only reach the external surface and does not go deeper on the root level. This makes it unable to cut the roots which make molds capable of regrowing.
- Bleach is made of chlorine which is a chemical element. Though it can be useful as a disinfectant, it can also be destructive to human health and the environment. Inhaling chlorine can cause damage to the respiratory system, can lead to coughing and vomiting and can also irritate the eyes. Its major negative contribution to the environment lies on the destruction of the ozone layer.
- The rather small potential bleach has in removing molds deteriorates fast. Its power can reduce to half when stored or unused within 90 days.
- When the mold removal process is to be implanted on fabrics, wood or paper, the use of bleach can speed up the deterioration of the item.
In conclusion, bleach can actually work in removing molds. But it then it has some considerable limitations. Those limitations make bleach a not-so-ideal product to for a truly effective mold cleaning process.
For More Information on Dust Free Concrete Removal
Allergies, Toxins, Dustless Concrete Removal, Dust Control, Granite Removal, Silicosis Cancer, Silicosis, Chronic Silicosis, Tile Removal, Wood Floor Removal, Travertine Floor Removal, Clean Air Floor Removal, Ceramic Tile Removal, Dust Free Concrete Removal, , Dustless Tile Removal, Asthma, Dust Free Tile Removal, Dustless Wood Floor Removal, Marble Floor Removal, Dust Free Wood Floor Removal, Concrete Removal, Saltillo Floor Removal