Crawford

Homeowners and employees may inhale to dangerous levels of silica dust when cutting, drilling, grinding, or otherwise disturbing materials that contain silica. These materials and tasks are common on construction jobs. Breathing that dust can lead to serious, often fatal illnesses. Know to recognize the hazard and  understand the risk factors with silica.

There are ways contractors can reduce the dust and reduce the hazard. Selecting appropriate controls, and creating a job-specific plan to eliminate or reduce silica hazards is essential for any tile removal or wood floor removal.

Crawford 

"Invasion of the Mold Spores" - Mold Removal Tips For the Property Owner

– Entrust is to an Expert

From the dawn of time mold has been on this planet. It comes in a variety of forms and colors and is caused by fungus growth. The spores of mold can cause the spread of this organism and certain factors can spur its growth. Mold needs a source of food, dampness, humidity and the spores themselves to be able to evolve.

Mold is present outdoors as well as inside. Typical places that mold grows are ceilings, wallpaper, wood, painted areas and carpets. It is quite normal to find it in places such as the basement or the bathroom. A few types of mold can be toxic and therefore dangerous to human health; this is the best reason to eradicate the problem. People can develop allergies to mold and many of the symptoms of suffering from the effects of mold include a runny nose, sneezing, itchy and red eyes as well as headaches.

There are easy ways in which you can rid your property of mold. In fact something as common and ordinary as vinegar can be used to get rid of mold. You can use a bottle to spray the vinegar directly onto the affected areas like grout in tiles, shower cubicles and the seals on faucets. Mold can grow anywhere in the home so remember to check all areas thoroughly- that unused kitchen cabinet with its food remnants and dampness will be a perfect place for mold to form.

A portable air conditioner is a handy utensil to have. During the hot and humid weather it will help to stop mold growing in your home. The humidity of your property should be kept at approximately 30%-50% to be productive.

In the winter months when it is colder, a dehumidifier is a great asset in the fight against the formation of mold in the home. Again, the humidity level should be maintained around the 30%-50% mark, but should still be at a pleasant level for your room temperature.

One of the commonest places to find mold is in the carpet. If you find that mold has settled on your carpet there are basically two options; you can replace the carpet with wooden flooring, or treat the carpet with baking soda. Leave the baking soda to sit on the carpet for a few hours and then vacuum off.

If the influx of mold is serious, then it may be best to consider calling the professionals to deal with the problem. An assessor can visit your home and identify the type of mold growing. Then a team will use tools such as wet vacuums, dry wipe materials and HEPA vacuums to eradicate the problem. There is a slight possibility that any lingering mold spores in the air may cause it to return, in which case a second treatment may be needed.

There is a serious element to mold being in your home and it should be considered an immediate problem, due to the possible risks to your health. As soon as you spot that mold forming tackle the problem quickly and head on.

"Invasion of the Mold Spores" - Mold Removal Tips For the Property Owner

How To Get Rid Of Black Mold

Black mold is a nasty form of mold that can cause serious health problems. It can cause you to experience symptoms related to upper respiratory tract issues such as coughing and wheezing. It can even cause you to develop a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis if you are susceptible to this condition. In fact, there is evidence that links indoor mold exposure to respiratory illness in children that are otherwise healthy. Also, people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are at risk for developing fungal infections in their lungs.

Getting Rid Of A Nuisance Problem

If you catch the black mold early and before it becomes widespread, it's relatively easy to eliminate. If the mold is on a hard surface you can get rid of it with a thorough cleaning using a commercial product or by using a solution made with a cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water.

Unfortunately, if the black mold is on some porous material such as ceiling tiles, drywall or carpet you should actually throw the material away. Since you can actually have an allergic reaction to even dead mold, you need to make sure you properly clean and dry the area. If you don't clean and dry it completely and there is still moisture present, the black mold could come back.

Cleaning The Black Mold Yourself

If you choose to clean up the black mold yourself using bleach, here are some things you need to know.

1. Never mix the bleach with other household cleaners or ammonia. This can produce dangerous, toxic fumes.

2. Be sure to open doors and windows so that you have a good supply of fresh air.

3. Wear protective eyewear and non-porous gloves.

4. If the area you need to clean is more than 10 square feet, you should consult the Environmental Protection Agency's Guide to Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. This guide may be focused on commercial buildings and schools but applies to other building types as well, including your home.

If you are using bleach or some other commercial cleaning product, be sure to follow all the manufacturer's instructions for its use.

How To Do The Cleanup

Begin by lightly misting the area to be cleaned with water. Next, scrub the mold with warm soapy water or the bleach mixture described above. When you have cleaned off all the black mold, you will need to spray the area with a disinfectant in order to kill any remaining spores that may not be visible.

Here are some of the best disinfectants you can use.

· Alcohols

· Quaternary Ammonium Compounds

· Phenolics

· Iodophors

· Hypochlorites (such as Clorox Bleach)

· Hydrogen Peroxide

When you have finished the cleaning and disinfecting, seal the room and allow it to dry completely.

Wear Protective Gear

Since black mold can be hazardous to your health, you should wear protective gear while doing that cleanup. For openers, wear a respirator. Second, wear goggles. This will prevent black mold spores from getting into and infecting the delicate structure of your eyes. Third, wear rubber gloves. Finally, be sure to wear clothing that covers your entire body and that can be easily cleaned after you finish removing the mold.

If The Mold Is Extensive

If you have an extensive amount of black mold in your house or basement, it would be best to call a professional mold removal company. However, if you only have small patchy areas, you can remove it as described above and be rid of this nasty stuff!


For More Information on Allergies

Allergies, Toxins, Dustless Concrete Removal, Dust Control, Granite Removal, Silicosis Cancer, Silicosis, Chronic Silicosis, Tile Removal, Wood Floor Removal, Travertine Floor Removal, Clean Air Floor Removal, Ceramic Tile Removal, Dust Free Concrete Removal, , Dustless Tile Removal, Asthma, Dust Free Tile Removal, Dustless Wood Floor Removal, Marble Floor Removal, Dust Free Wood Floor Removal, Concrete Removal, Saltillo Floor Removal

Texas Dust Free Wood Floor Removal