Homeowners and employees may inhale to dangerous levels of silica dust when cutting, drilling, grinding, or otherwise disturbing materials that contain silica. These materials and tasks are common on construction jobs. Breathing that dust can lead to serious, often fatal illnesses. Know to understand the risk factors with silica.
There are ways contractors can reduce the dust and reduce the hazard. Selecting appropriate controls, and creating a job-specific plan to eliminate or reduce silica hazards is essential for any tile removal or wood floor removal.
How to Get Rid of Mold - Common Causes and Cleaning Techniques – Entrust is to an Expert
Molds, mildews and fungi can be found everywhere, indoors or outdoors. They can be found in just about any household object and even in the air we breath. Molds love humid and dark places that lack circulating air, they can grow rapidly in such environments.
Many types of molds, mildews and fungi are not very harmful. In the case of Penicillium they have even been life saving. There is a dark side though. A number of molds can be dangerous to your health. The EPA estimates that there are about 50-100 types of household mold that can potentially create health problems.
These problems include; allergic reactions, asthma attacks, flu-like symptoms, migraines and much more. Some studies have shown that mold can even be linked to nervous and immune system complications that have resulted in death.
Mold is a serious problem and preventative measures may be the best way of ensuring your health. These 5 tips will kick start your mold defense.
1. Use a Dehumidifier - Dehumidifying units are reasonably priced these days and should be used in the damp areas of your house. If you have a humidity in the 60% range (or higher) you should consider using a dehumidifier. It will help clear the air of moisture, and mold needs moisture to propagate. If you decide to use a dehumidifier remember to change the water frequently, and disinfect the unit to make sure it doesn't become mold infested itself.
2. Stay on Top of Your Cleaning - Anywhere that is dirty, moist and dungy is a good breeding ground for mold. If you have spots like this around your house, make sure to diligently clean them. A quick wipe isn't enough - scrub with a water and bleach combination to really prevent mold from forming. Make sure you are properly ventilated when using such chemicals.
3. Improve Air Circulation - Certain areas in your house traditionally suffer from poor air circulation. Places like the attic, basement and closets are the most likely spots. There are ways to make sure the air keeps circulating. Install ceiling fans in the basement, install vented doors on closets and make sure you have an adequate number of roof vents in the attic. Make sure the air keeps circulating all over your house. This can help stop mold from beginning to grow.
4. When Spills or Leaks Occur: Act Quickly - One of the most effective ways to make sure mold doesn't begin forming in your house is to act quickly when leaks, floods or spills happen. If wet materials or areas are dried within 24-48 hours, it is most likely that mold wont even begin to form! Dry areas quickly and properly. If some object or material isn't going to dry quick enough, remove it or replace it.
5. If All Else Fails: Call in a Pro - Most towns have some sort of cleaning and/or restoration company that is designed to deal with these problems. If you suspect a serious mold problem in your house - contact them. They have the tools, knowledge and safety equipment to deal with serious mold problems. They can properly assess and treat the threat. Make sure you get recommendations and that the company is insured.
If you follow the first four steps, you may never need the fifth. If mold does become a huge problem though, don't ignore it. If you see a lot of mold, that is a sign there may be A LOT more that you can not see - that is when you need to have a professional come in.
Mold can be prevented, and in worst case scenarios it can be removed and your house restored. For More Info on the Dangers of Mold:
Bleach For Mold Remediation - Good Or Bad Decision?
How To Get Rid Of Black Mold
Black mold is a nasty form of mold that can cause serious health problems. It can cause you to experience symptoms related to upper respiratory tract issues such as coughing and wheezing. It can even cause you to develop a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis if you are susceptible to this condition. In fact, there is evidence that links indoor mold exposure to respiratory illness in children that are otherwise healthy. Also, people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are at risk for developing fungal infections in their lungs.
Getting Rid Of A Nuisance Problem
If you catch the black mold early and before it becomes widespread, it's relatively easy to eliminate. If the mold is on a hard surface you can get rid of it with a thorough cleaning using a commercial product or by using a solution made with a cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water.
Unfortunately, if the black mold is on some porous material such as ceiling tiles, drywall or carpet you should actually throw the material away. Since you can actually have an allergic reaction to even dead mold, you need to make sure you properly clean and dry the area. If you don't clean and dry it completely and there is still moisture present, the black mold could come back.
Cleaning The Black Mold Yourself
If you choose to clean up the black mold yourself using bleach, here are some things you need to know.
1. Never mix the bleach with other household cleaners or ammonia. This can produce dangerous, toxic fumes.
2. Be sure to open doors and windows so that you have a good supply of fresh air.
3. Wear protective eyewear and non-porous gloves.
4. If the area you need to clean is more than 10 square feet, you should consult the Environmental Protection Agency's Guide to Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. This guide may be focused on commercial buildings and schools but applies to other building types as well, including your home.
If you are using bleach or some other commercial cleaning product, be sure to follow all the manufacturer's instructions for its use.
How To Do The Cleanup
Begin by lightly misting the area to be cleaned with water. Next, scrub the mold with warm soapy water or the bleach mixture described above. When you have cleaned off all the black mold, you will need to spray the area with a disinfectant in order to kill any remaining spores that may not be visible.
Here are some of the best disinfectants you can use.
· Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
· Hypochlorites (such as Clorox Bleach)
· Hydrogen Peroxide
When you have finished the cleaning and disinfecting, seal the room and allow it to dry completely.
Wear Protective Gear
Since black mold can be hazardous to your health, you should wear protective gear while doing that cleanup. For openers, wear a respirator. Second, wear goggles. This will prevent black mold spores from getting into and infecting the delicate structure of your eyes. Third, wear rubber gloves. Finally, be sure to wear clothing that covers your entire body and that can be easily cleaned after you finish removing the mold.
If The Mold Is Extensive
If you have an extensive amount of black mold in your house or basement, it would be best to call a professional mold removal company. However, if you only have small patchy areas, you can remove it as described above and be rid of this nasty stuff!
For More Information on Tile Removal
Allergies, Toxins, Dustless Concrete Removal, Dust Control, Granite Removal, Silicosis Cancer, Silicosis, Chronic Silicosis, Tile Removal, Wood Floor Removal, Travertine Floor Removal, Clean Air Floor Removal, Ceramic Tile Removal, Dust Free Concrete Removal, , Dustless Tile Removal, Asthma, Dust Free Tile Removal, Dustless Wood Floor Removal, Marble Floor Removal, Dust Free Wood Floor Removal, Concrete Removal, Saltillo Floor Removal