Homeowners and employees may inhale to dangerous levels of silica dust when cutting, drilling, grinding, or otherwise disturbing materials that contain silica. These materials and tasks are common on construction jobs. Breathing that dust can lead to serious, often fatal illnesses. Know to understand the risk factors with silica.
There are ways contractors can reduce the dust and reduce the hazard. Selecting appropriate controls, and creating a job-specific plan to eliminate or reduce silica hazards is essential for any tile removal or wood floor removal.
"Invasion of the Mold Spores" - Mold Removal Tips For the Property Owner – Entrust is to an Expert
Household mold is considered an environmental annoyance that can cause irritation while breathing. It can make the health of asthma patients worse and can cause allergic problems to sensitive persons. The mold may affect children with several problems such as irritation, allergies, and infections.
Household mold comes in a wide variety of species and forms. It differs in colors, including charcoal, grey, and black. There is variation in toxicity for different species. Among the species, six are common in which three can produce toxins. These six common molds are Stachybotris, Aspergillus, Penicillium, Alternaria, Mucor, and Cladosporium. Stachybotris is a toxic mold that can produce more than 200 poisonous substances. These toxins are autoimmune and can affect the nervous system. Aspergillus is an opportunistic fungus that can cause pathological problems to human beings.
Household mold is found everywhere in day to day households. It can grow anywhere, on tiles, grout, food, fabric, plaster, and wood. The mold grows well at room temperature with humidity. Other necessary items for mold growth are adequate moisture and nutrients. These items are obtained from the surface where the mold grows. The mold can destroy the material on which it grows.
There are certain ways to identify and control the presence of household mold. First, check whether there is any sign of moisture or mold at home. A musty smell in a room is an indication of mold growth. If there is any sign of mold, then find the particular surface of the mold growth and clean the surface. Additionally, remove the sources of moisture and keep the moisture content in the rooms at a desired level. Water should not be allowed to stand in drip pans of refrigerators and air conditioners.
Secondly, check whether there is any leakage problem, water stains or water discoloration from taps, especially in the bathrooms and kitchens. If these problems are found, rectify them immediately to prevent the mold growth. Even if the mold is removed, but the water problem is not solved, then the mold will appear again on the same surface.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Black Mold
Mold & Moisture
The crawl space is the number one source for potential moisture entering your home. The moisture may be equal to gallons of water but in vapor form and not even visible. A seal tight liner kit will instantly stop the moisture in the crawl space from entering home as well as eliminating radon gas, musty odors, mildew and mold.
"The U.S. EPA states: "Molds are usually not a problem unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds produce allergens, irritants and potentially toxic substances. The key to mold control is moisture control. The mold will not grow if moisture is not present (source: EPA " A Brief Guide to Mold, Mildew and Your Home," publication #402-K-02-003)."
Eliminate the Existing Mold
To eliminate and prevent future mold growth, spray the affected areas with a mold killing and growth preventing spray, there are good products for purchase at your local building supply house.
My Take on the Problems with Bleach
The Myth Of Using Bleach To Kill Mold! Mold has a root system that actually grows into the surfaces of wood, drywall, concrete, etc..., like tree roots grow into the soil. The roots are not killed by bleach alone because the bleach does not penetrate the surface of porous materials. The bleach chemical portion sits on the surface until gassing off, killing only the mold on the surface leaving the roots intact, while the water portion of the bleach soaks into the material giving the mold roots a food source to start growing again. Think of it this way, if you were to cut a tree, plant, grass, or anything that has roots down and you water the area, you will see what you cut start to grow again. This is because the roots were not killed. The other problem with using bleach for an extended period is that if sprayed on wood and other building materials it actually starts to break down the products.
STOPPING MOLD AT THE ROOTS IS THE ONLY WAY!!!
Chlorine Bleach is NOT a registered EPA Mold Killing product!
If you think that we're just knocking bleach. Don't take our word for it! Go to http://epa.gov/mold/moldcourse/index.html and read what the EPA has to say about using bleach to kill mold. The EPA says that "The use of bleach is not recommended as a routine practice during mold clean-up" http://iaq.custhelp.com question #7.
Now you might ask: How do I kill mold if not with bleach?
Answer: Use an EPA approved and registered fungicide to kill the mold at its roots.
For More Information on Dust Control
Allergies, Toxins, Dustless Concrete Removal, Dust Control, Granite Removal, Silicosis Cancer, Silicosis, Chronic Silicosis, Tile Removal, Wood Floor Removal, Travertine Floor Removal, Clean Air Floor Removal, Ceramic Tile Removal, Dust Free Concrete Removal, , Dustless Tile Removal, Asthma, Dust Free Tile Removal, Dustless Wood Floor Removal, Marble Floor Removal, Dust Free Wood Floor Removal, Concrete Removal, Saltillo Floor Removal