Homeowners and employees may inhale to dangerous levels of silica dust when cutting, drilling, grinding, or otherwise disturbing materials that contain silica. These materials and tasks are common on construction jobs. Breathing that dust can lead to serious, often fatal illnesses. Know to understand the risk factors with silica.
There are ways contractors can reduce the dust and reduce the hazard. Selecting appropriate controls, and creating a job-specific plan to eliminate or reduce silica hazards is essential for any tile removal or wood floor removal.
Bleach For Mold Remediation - Good Or Bad Decision? – Entrust is to an Expert
How To Get Rid Of Black Mold
Black mold is a nasty form of mold that can cause serious health problems. It can cause you to experience symptoms related to upper respiratory tract issues such as coughing and wheezing. It can even cause you to develop a condition called hypersensitivity pneumonitis if you are susceptible to this condition. In fact, there is evidence that links indoor mold exposure to respiratory illness in children that are otherwise healthy. Also, people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are at risk for developing fungal infections in their lungs.
Getting Rid Of A Nuisance Problem
If you catch the black mold early and before it becomes widespread, it's relatively easy to eliminate. If the mold is on a hard surface you can get rid of it with a thorough cleaning using a commercial product or by using a solution made with a cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water.
Unfortunately, if the black mold is on some porous material such as ceiling tiles, drywall or carpet you should actually throw the material away. Since you can actually have an allergic reaction to even dead mold, you need to make sure you properly clean and dry the area. If you don't clean and dry it completely and there is still moisture present, the black mold could come back.
Cleaning The Black Mold Yourself
If you choose to clean up the black mold yourself using bleach, here are some things you need to know.
1. Never mix the bleach with other household cleaners or ammonia. This can produce dangerous, toxic fumes.
2. Be sure to open doors and windows so that you have a good supply of fresh air.
3. Wear protective eyewear and non-porous gloves.
4. If the area you need to clean is more than 10 square feet, you should consult the Environmental Protection Agency's Guide to Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. This guide may be focused on commercial buildings and schools but applies to other building types as well, including your home.
If you are using bleach or some other commercial cleaning product, be sure to follow all the manufacturer's instructions for its use.
How To Do The Cleanup
Begin by lightly misting the area to be cleaned with water. Next, scrub the mold with warm soapy water or the bleach mixture described above. When you have cleaned off all the black mold, you will need to spray the area with a disinfectant in order to kill any remaining spores that may not be visible.
Here are some of the best disinfectants you can use.
· Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
· Hypochlorites (such as Clorox Bleach)
· Hydrogen Peroxide
When you have finished the cleaning and disinfecting, seal the room and allow it to dry completely.
Wear Protective Gear
Since black mold can be hazardous to your health, you should wear protective gear while doing that cleanup. For openers, wear a respirator. Second, wear goggles. This will prevent black mold spores from getting into and infecting the delicate structure of your eyes. Third, wear rubber gloves. Finally, be sure to wear clothing that covers your entire body and that can be easily cleaned after you finish removing the mold.
If The Mold Is Extensive
If you have an extensive amount of black mold in your house or basement, it would be best to call a professional mold removal company. However, if you only have small patchy areas, you can remove it as described above and be rid of this nasty stuff!
How to Get Rid of Mold - Common Causes and Cleaning Techniques
There is now a lot of evidence to connect black mold with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and miscarriage. The death of an infant can be devastating for a family so can losing a baby due to miscarriage. It is vital that any steps needed to prevent these awful events should be taken.
It is not just the fact that black mold is toxic that means that it is dangerous to infants. One way that it is believed to work is that black mold spores end up in baby's mattress and they releases harmful chemicals from the mattress into the air and the baby breathes this lethal gas. This process is believed to be responsible for many cases of SIDS.
Black mold has also been associated with miscarriage. It seems that exposure to mold toxin could be the cause of many women losing their baby during pregnancy. Not all mold is toxic, but it is almost impossible to tell this by just looking. The usual way to determine toxicity is by sending the mold to be tested in a laboratory. This is why it is probably a good idea that pregnant women treat all mold as if it were toxic and keeping well away from it.
The best way to stop black mold from becoming an issue for infants and those who are pregnant is to prevent it occurring in your home, and if you do have it to quickly eliminate the problem. This can be a difficult issue for those who are living in rented accommodation and have a landlord who just won't do anything about your mold problem. The advice here is to find somewhere else to stay either permanently or until the problem is fixed.
The real danger comes when black mold is growing and you are not even aware of it. Mold likes damp places that are poorly ventilated so make sure you check your attic and basement and any other cubby holes. Of course, if you are pregnant you will want someone else to conduct this search for you. In most instances eradicating the mold will be fairly straight forward so long as you discover it all. Pregnant women should not be involved in any part of the cleaning up process, but be kept well away from the area in case toxic spores are released into the air. When the mold is completely removed you will then need to take measures to make sure it doesn't back again.
For More Information on Dust Free Tile Removal
Allergies, Toxins, Dustless Concrete Removal, Dust Control, Granite Removal, Silicosis Cancer, Silicosis, Chronic Silicosis, Tile Removal, Wood Floor Removal, Travertine Floor Removal, Clean Air Floor Removal, Ceramic Tile Removal, Dust Free Concrete Removal, , Dustless Tile Removal, Asthma, Dust Free Tile Removal, Dustless Wood Floor Removal, Marble Floor Removal, Dust Free Wood Floor Removal, Concrete Removal, Saltillo Floor Removal